This entry is bilingual, as the music exchanges I have (or plan to) will also be.
Tengo en las manos lo que parece un bajo eléctrico Aria Pro II Magna Series de cinco cuerdas. El logo está en la pala, los clavijeros y las pastillas.
I have in my hands something that seems like a bass guitar, an Aria Pro II Magna Series, five-string variant. The head, tuning keys and pickups feature the logo.
![]() |
| ¡Ahí la vemos! Thar she blows! |
Los enlaces me confirman el modelo y la antigüedad. Además, parece que hace 20 años que no se fabrican. Interesante el tener madera vieja. Se me hace la boca agua.
The links confirm the model and its age. Furthermore, it seems like it has been out of assembly for 20 years. To have old wood is quite enticing. My mouth begins to water.
http://basschat.co.uk/topic/94377-aria-pro-ii-magna-bass-what-is-it/
http://www.musicgearreview.com/reviews.php?man=Aria&cat=Bass_Guitars&mod=Pro+II+-+Magna+Series
Es obvio que los ultimos dieciséis años no han tratado bien a este pobre instrumento. Lo primero que debemos hacer es determinar si se puede salvar.
It would be fair to say that the last sisxteen years have not treated this poor instrument well. The first thing is to determine whether it can be saved.
El mástil parece estar bien, aunque la alineación se verá cuando monte las cuerdas. No es problema, porque podría quitar los trastes, sería interesante...
The neck seems ok, though I'll only appreciate the alignment when I string it up. It's not a problem, I can make it fretless, it'd be interesting.
![]() |
| ¿Qué son dos arañazos en la espalda entre amigos? La lija se encarga de la mugre. What's a few scratches on the back between friends? Sandpaper will take care of the muck as well. |
El cuerpo ha sufrido arañazos en la pintura, pero no es problema. Me gusta remover la pintura y mostrar la veta.
The body has suffered scratches affecting the paint, but it's not a problem. I like to remove the lacquer and show the grain of my instruments.
Ahora, al grano, la circuitería. Son dos pastillas de bobina simple. Parecen ser el punto flaco del instrumento. Me pasaré por eBay, a ver qué encuentro, pero tampoco me voy a gastar una burrada. ¿Alguien tiene un par de Bartollinis a mano?
Now, to the point, the circuitry. Two single-coil pickups, which seem to be the instrument's Achilles' heel. I'll have a look in eBay, and see what I can find, but I'm not gonna spend the farm on that. Anyone got a pair of Bartollinis for me?
Como me esperaba, cavidad sin blindar. Tres potenciómetros pasivos de 500mΩ, un volumen por pastilla y un tono de Master. Podré salvar el condensador, y para de contar. Si el presupuesto lo permite, hay sitio para un juego activo de realce. Éso solucionaría lo de las pastillas... tras blindar la cavidad con cobre.
As I expected, the cavitiy's not shielded. Three passive pots of 500mΩ, a volume cut for each pickup and a master tone control, and that's that
I will save at least the capacitor. If the budget allows, there's room for an active kit. That should sort out the issue with the pickups... after shielding with copper.
Ahora, a recoger. Lo siguiente será cortar los cables y desmontar (para éso está la foto), y a lijar a la siguiente...
Now, to tidy up, I know what I'm up against next: cut the wires (hence the picture) and sanding down...





No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario